Doing Business in Texas

Home Consulting Doing Business in Texas

We have helped many business immigrants buy businesses in Texas, walking them through the entire process of business transaction, and relocating their families. There are many reasons to relocate your business to Texas or buy a new business in Texas. We understand the process and we are eager to help.

Migration Steps

  • Buying the right business: it is very important for the immigrant to buy a business where there is previous experience. Previous experience does not necessary need to be the same industry; general business knowledge, such as in accounting or operations, can tremendously help the immigrant manage the business. We will bring the necessary team to support you and bring your knowledge up. We help immigrants understand the market, the industry, the geographic area and business intricacies.
  • Relocating the family: this step is very emotional for the family since it is very important to choose the right location, maybe close to exemplary schools or in a location with great neighbors. We have agents with local neighborhood knowledge that will strive to help you and give you more.
  • The legal process: we are passionate about this step and can help you and your family work with the right attorney. Whether it is an attorney you have hired or an attorney we have recommended, we usually service as a communicator with the attorney to gather the necessary documents and permits to get your visa and to renew your visa on time. In many cases, we write the business plan that allows you to be fully legal in this country.

Visas in Texas

Disclaimer – The content of this website has been provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Angel Brokers Group are not attorneys and does not provide legal advice. The material posted on this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship, and readers should not act upon it without seeking professional counsel.

E-1 Treaty Trader Visas will allow foreign nationals from treaty countries to come into the US for trading purposes. Texas Immigration Attorney can prepare this documentation for you. There are guidelines and regulations that must be followed.

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas are available for those who are coming into the U.S. specifically for the purposes of investing in a product, service, or company, or to help with development and direction of the operations that the person has invested in. 50% of the ownership must lie in the country of nationality, and the investment must be an active investment rather than a passive one. Also, the investment must be substantial, meaning that it is proportional to the total cost of the product/service/company, or that it is an investment that is critical to the nature of the business and its viability. You will need a qualified Dallas Immigration Lawyer to help with the documentation. The larger the business, the smaller the investment needs to be in most cases. For example, a business costing $100,000 will generally warrant a 75% to 100% investment, while a $1 million business would only require a 50% to 60% investment to qualify. Using Immigration Lawyer in Dallas, Texas will help expedite the process.

L-1 visa is a “Petition for Non-immigrant Worker,” on behalf of a foreign national who works outside the United States for a business that has a parent company, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate in the U.S. These workers, called “intracompany-transferees,” come to the United States temporarily to perform services. Such individuals, who perform services in a managerial or executive capacity, are called “L-1A Non-immigrants.” Such individuals, who possess specialized knowledge, are called “L-1B Non-immigrants.” The foreign national must be coming to the United States to work for a parent company, branch, subsidiary or affiliate of the same business that employed the individual abroad. In order to qualify, the individual must have been employed abroad by the corporation, firm, other legal entity, affiliate, or subsidiary on a full-time basis for at least one continuous year during the last three-year period. L-1A & L-1B Intracompany Transferees , L-1A Intracompany transfer in a managerial or executive position , L-1B Intracompany transfer in a position utilizing specialized knowledge.

L-1 Multinational Intracompany Transferee
If you are an executive, manager or employee (with some unique or specialized knowledge) of a multinational company, your company may petition for you to temporarily work in the United States.

L-1 A Manager To be eligible for L-1A classification as a multinational manager, your sponsoring company must demonstrate what your assignment includes.

L-1 A Executive
To be eligible for the L-1A classification as a multinational executive.

L-1B Employee with Specialized Knowledge
To be eligible for L-1B classification as an employee with specialized knowledge, your sponsoring company must demonstrate that your job knowledge includes specialized knowledge about a company’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management or other interests and its application in international markets, or an advanced level of knowledge or expertise in the company’s processes and procedures. A Dallas Immigration Attorney can guide you through the process.

L-1A or L-1B Sponsors
To be eligible to apply for an L-1A or L-1B, transfer from an entity abroad to a United States entity, your employer must be part of a qualifying organization. A qualifying organization is a United States or foreign firm, corporation or other legal entity that is a parent, branch, affiliate or subsidiary of the entity you are transferring from. Your organization must be doing business in the United States as an employer as well as at least one other country. Your company must demonstrate an employer-employee relationship with you. The L-1A or L-1B visa is not limited to for-profit corporations or partnerships, so the organization applying for you may be a charitable, religious or other non-profit group. Immigration Lawyers in Dallas can help guide you through this process.

There are many different types of visas in Texas, please contact us for an attorney referral or to help you with your migration needs.

Contact Angel Brokers Group
Call (214) 666 6062